Flattening exotic timbers using planing machinery will often result in breakout and damage to the surface of the timber. Excess sanding to remove this damage can result in divots in the surface and an uneven finish. In conjunction with a simple jig the Radian 4 Flute Surfacing Bit will machine a perfectly flat surface with absolutely minimal breakout even on timbers with the trickiest of grain structures. Additionally this method of surfacing/thicknessing timber lends itself to small workshops where space is at a premium and perhaps there isn't the budget to invest in large machinery.
This tool is not designed to plunge cut. It should make passes from a sideways direction, where the tool excels in chip ejection and cool running.
- Four micrograin tungsten carbide precision ground blades.
- Drastically reduced breakout when compared with planing.
- Professional quality materials and workmanship throughout.
- Great on hard timbers with multi-directional grain patterns.
- 1/2" Shank.
- 38.1mm diameter and 12.7mm cut height.