Flattening exotic timbers using planing machinery will often result in breakout and damage to the surface of the timber. In conjunction with a simple jig the Radian 3 Flute Surfacing Bit will machine a perfectly flat surface with absolutely minimal breakout even on timbers with the trickiest of grain structures. Additionally this method of surfacing/thicknessing timber lends itself to small workshops where space is at a premium and perhaps there isn't the budget to invest in large machinery.
This tool is not designed to plunge cut. It should make passes from a sideways direction, where the tool excels in chip ejection and cool running.
- Three micrograin tungsten carbide precision ground blades.
- Drastically reduced breakout when compared with planing.
- Professional quality materials and workmanship throughout.
- Great on hard timbers with multi-directional grain patterns.
- 1/4" Shank.
- 28.5mm diameter and 12.7mm cut height.